Sunday, April 19, 2020

I hate housework

Every one who knows me knows that house work is a long way down on my list of favourite activities.  But these days I find myself seeing dirt every where I look.  Yesterday, on my list of things that must be done, there was polishing the top of the stove  (a polite way of saying that it was filthy and needed a good scrub).  I bought three bottles of ceramic stove top cleaner from Sears before it closed.  I'm now on bottle two, and I think it might be a little too old to be effective.  Either that, or I'm letting the stove get dirtier than ever before taking steps to clean it.  Two people using it doesn't help either. Anyway, working on the stove top, I notice that the dials, at the back of the stove need a good cleaning too.  Then, working on those, I notice that the ceramic tiles on the wall behind to stove are in need of cleaning as well.  Gosh, if those need cleaning, I bet the ones on the wall beside the stove are dirty.  Working on those I take a look at the wall leading to the basement stairs, especially the chair rail along that wall.  OMG! When was that last cleaned?  As I work around the corner and toward the stairs, David is coming up, and gives me a look that brings me back to reality. The same sort of thing happened as I was scrubbing the bathroom sink.  I don't think that the toilet, and surrounding ceramic tile has ever looked better.  It was a good thing that I had drawn up a list of tasks to do, and had made myself a promise to finish the list and go no further.  I was able to stop myself.  I don't have a list for today--maybe a good thing.

The rest of the day was relatively peaceful.  I spent some time on my sketchbook workshop and made some good progress there.  Not having yet received the course kit,  I had been worried about not having a graphite pencil, but yesterday found a package of three graphite blocks that might serve the same purpose, while looking for something else.  They don't have points, but that should be an easy fix.

For supper we had planned to get take out from the Chinese restaurant in the mall across the street, but found that it has closed, a casualty of the virus.  Very unfortunate.  It was a small restaurant, family run, even the children in their early teens, waited table.  We ended up getting take out from A&W, and I had a card that gave me free coffee, one with every order, up to 10 times.  It ran out today, but the fellow said to keep it as they expect that the promotion will run well into summer.  Good, because I have a second card, just the same.

Today, I hope to do more work on the sketchbook.  What was done yesterday, was done on cheap drawing paper that I found in the storeroom.  It doesn't work well at all if water is involved.  I have an idea how to transfer what was accomplished yesterday into a smaller scale, sot that I can use the small sketchbook I have.  Worth a try anyway.  And then there is supper.  The Chinese food usually lasts for two meals, but alas, not food from A&W.  Even the box of Timbits, that were picked up on the way to A&W, didn't last the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment