Friday, April 24, 2020

Clive Cussler

That long trip I took through all of Clive Cussler books was thanks to Cathy and Jim. Remember the August long weekend we all spent at the Lake - Cathy and Jim, and me tenting for heavens sake haha! Jim was reading Clive Cussler books - the first I had seen Cussler novels and so when i got back home I started my trek to the Library and think I read every one they had.  He just died not long ago so I guess there will be no more except... for a long time he was writing with other authors. And his name is mentioned as a character in each (maybe not all) of the books as well. I think my favourite were the Omega Files. Have you ventured into all the different books and heros Pati? Cathy you could tell us all about them as well ....or, was it just Jim who devoured them? 
Today should mark a return to nice weather and sunny warm days and i am sure another big push into the gardening. Harry wants me to set up the garden hose today so that will be first on my TO DO list. . As well, the Vet called and the case of dog food has come in that i ordered so I shall pick that up as well. I also ordered a huge order of budgie bird feed and millet from a Pet Store in North Bay since the local pet store has now closed and I have no more access to ordering there. But the owner of the Global Pet Store in North Bay lives in Sundridge so he will bring the order down when it comes in and we only need to drive to his house. It is a big order ( mortgage the house kind of order ) because he stated he did not know just how long the trucks and drivers would be able to deliver goods to him from suppliers in light of the Covid 19 issues ( but that also might have been a ploy???)
I know how you feel about making messes with baking because I too, have had my issues on occasion. I sometimes I think I am losing my touch but then also can easily blame the ingredients I use for example when I used the golden Crisco and the large grained brown sugar and they did not turn out ( good enough for me to eat them all though haha!) Keep baking folks...makes me feel better!
Take care - be tough.

No comments:

Post a Comment