Thursday, April 30, 2020

Power outages

The silence does tend to feel weird for sure, but when I hear the silence of our frequent power outages, it generally means a call to action as "things" have to be done especially when we have the greenhouse heaters. And with no water because of the well and pump system that we have, it gets even more worrisome. If we are warned about an outage, I plan ahead and fill water buckets etc. but when it is sudden and prolonged I have had to drive down to the artisian well at the Town office and fill some containers - usually in line with many others waiting their turn.
Right now it is pouring rain and I see all that precious water running down to the road, or pooling in the yard.We got a new three shelf metal stand on wheels for the greenhouse and have it in the trunk of the car ready to set up today but we were also expecting the rain to stop. Apparently our day may just be filled with more rain but I am sure i shall be out there regardless. haha!
Yesterday my daily social activity took me to the LCBO ( I see a pattern emerging here ?) for a bottle of wine. Perhaps you folks are wise to be making your own. And Harry on his route from the Post office stopped at the local burger joint which is open for take out, and got us a hamburger and fries for lunch. It was the same as it always has been ie too expensive and not really good but I ate it anyway.
Today I plan to drive to the Accountant in Burk's Falls to pick up our completed Tax Forms and get that job over with - I shall have to go onto the online banking to pay what Harry owes. I had to go right into the Bank the other day to exchange coins for paper money for Harry, and the new restrictions are even worse in there being stopped at the door to explain in detail what I expected to do if allowed inside and once in, the teller ( a young whipper snipper of a girl) did not even look at me and was rather abrupt so when i said with a smile on my face " no smiles today" i got an ugly look and that was that . As i drove off i could see her chatting with the door attendant so I guess i was in her bad books. I do not like to enter the bank any more and I think they would rather people just use the machine and not bother them - no more personal client services! It has forced me to start to use the online banking which I am getting more used to but hate every minute of it!
Time for another coffee and on with a wet dreary day i guess. Hope all is well with you folks.... thinking of you... Take care

No comments:

Post a Comment