Sunday, April 5, 2020

Greeting a new day...

Sunday and so far ( at 6 am here) all is well. A bit drizzly but hoping for a bit of sun today. The weeks forecast shows possible snow/rain mixes so i am hoping that we will NOT get the snow you described there in Manitoba - keep it. I just made a plate of eggs and homemade sausage to eat while I type a few words. I had taken the sausage out for our meal yesterday but Harry did a shopping and came home with some schnitzles which in my mind euchred the sausage - so... i have to eat the sausage up somehow. His experience shopping is a whole other story but it is done for now at least. I have no Kleenex now - ran out - and none in the store. I have a good supply of paper towel, and can get by on what toilet paper we have - so i guess i cannot complain?
The greenhouses are overflowing with growth - tomatoes and peppers and basil and parsley are flourishing - but where to put them all now that they are growing bigger and bigger - Harry leaves the organizing inside the houses for me to do - and that is a bit of what I accomplished yesterday. Far to early to put anything out - the parsley will eventually be put out soon as it can manage the weather , but nothing else. I end end having to remove some shelves to accommodate the height of the tomatoes which leaves even less room for all the plants - and harry is still transplanting. This is a yearly occurrence so I do not know why I mention the issue, only that for some reason this year my mind and heart are definitely not in it.! C'est la vie!
So here's a happy thought - I decided to make a lemon meringue pie with graham cracker crust to take to Mike's for our Easter together next Saturday. Always a favourite for me and I remember having it at home especially if i asked for it for my Birthday.  And I know that we are not "sheltering at home" but driving to Mike's but we are going regardless. Just in the car to his place and home and a stop to buy gas  in North Bay so I guess we will be OK. And he needs a bit of a break from his research assignments he has been doing, and his Final exams, the first of which is tomorrow at 7 pm. He stays at home though, and goes on line for the exam which is a bit weird but the only way they are offering it. The next four exams are Apr 14, and then Apr 20, 21 ans 22. Spread right through the month. He shall be very glad to complete this entire year as it has been full of misadventure for him ( his rotator cuff problem, and now the Covid 19 issues, and the closure of the University.) And i guess his mother will be equally as happy to see a successful conclusion to his year as well haha!
So must get started with my day and send greeting to you folks. Stay safe and take care ( The radio just had a thing on the premier of NB or NS (?) when he told people to stay the blazes home. I guess this is a real downhomer expression which may have rude connitations but nevertheless he said it, and now they are playing a song of the same title as a battle cry of sorts.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment