Monday, April 6, 2020

Breakfast with the blog

and leftover sour dough biscuits.  I used my Bramble Jelly on them for a very nice treat with my last orange and some yogurt.  My friend Gail and I have been phoning each other every day just to touch base, as she is at home not well too, and likely my source of the "plague".  Yesterday was grocery shopping day at her house and she had me laughing with her tale of trying to make a  face mask for her nephew, so that he could go shopping. She is not a sewer, but had her Mother's over 50 year old Bernina, an old pillow case, and some bungee cord ( for taking apart to get the elastic inside).  When the Bernina didn't work, she had to stitch it by hand.  She says that it took her about 3 hours, but he wore it and told her it wasn't the ugliest one there. The two of them share the house, with him renting the basement, but with kitchen privileges. They are both religious "outcasts" from a huge inter-woven, slightly crazy, rural family.  The stories she tells are endless and amusing, but never boring.

Both David and I are becoming disillusioned with Poker Stars.  About a year ago they moved their location to Malta from The Isle of Man, and the service has gone downhill ever since.  The whole site has been off-line every weekend for the last month. There are several different versions of the service and one never knows what version might be there when we sign on.  For awhile I was getting 20,000 free chips every hour, then it was 15,000 every 4 hours and now I get none.  I had the 15,000 for while a couple of years ago, and suddenly they took most of my chips away from me and told me I wasn't entitled to them.  David has been getting the 15,000 all along. He's starting to look around at other programs available.

Well, David has shown up with a bucket and sponge mop. Looks like the kitchen floor is about to get mopped.  Time to move along.

No comments:

Post a Comment