Tuesday, April 21, 2020

The early morning routine?

I have been up for sometime already and already it has been full of the undesirable... I feel the urge to write a few words so here goes...
I remember many a trip with Daddy to the beer Store just off Osborne Street near the underpass. He did drink Club and Cathy I believe you have mentioned this and recounted this before - a coincidence especially with you Pati expressing your interest in Club as well? Also Cathy, when you bid on that bar light for Jim - the Coors light - you were very happy about that, right? On one of my many trips west years ago ( oh how I wish i could still be doing that) I tried to buy some Club beer to bring but it is found nowhere around here so must really be a Manitoba specialty.
I just got settled at the computer with my coffee earlier amidst a scene outside from A Winter Wonderland - I had the dog out around 2 am and it was just starting to snow then but by the time I got up in earnest, the ground and everything around was covered with the stuff. But anyway i was saying I just sat down when the lights flickered on and off and on and off and then on again. For me this means time to act. So I gathered the remotes for the heaters and out I went with flashlight in hand to turn the damn things back on as any disruption in power will trigger them off. As it was i decided I had to actually open the greenhouses up as i could not get a good line of sight from outside for the remote and besides i could not even see the buttons on the remote. The new shed heater is also new and never used until the weekend when we erected this shed,  and I was surprised that it was still functioning - so now I know this one will not trigger off. The big greenhouse had to be reset as did the little greenhouse but I was thrilled that this new one did not require me to open up but could peek in and see it working still. I will still have to monitor the temps closely to be sure they are all functioning because these next few days are threatening to be miserable and cold especially overnight. Yuck! And Harry did a shopping yesterday (in Huntsville) and bought bags of soil for transplanting more plants which he intends to do today? We will have to see about that....
He did get some flour (two small bags of all purpose and a larger bag of whole wheat) and some Maria cookies for me which I love and tend to nibble on a lot. He brought home a large bottle of Downey Fabric Softener instead of the requested Laundry detergent - I do not use Downey so do not know what i shall do with it? But he went over to the local store then and was able to buy two small bottles of Arm & Hammer which he said were the last two on the shelf. So I can keep on doing laundry for the short while anyway haha! Great fun this new way of life isn't it?
Now back to my coffee and then on with my day - my to do list includes trying to get some medications for Bailey at the local pharmacy - the pharmacist called me twice yesterday becuase he could not get ahold of the Vet to verify the Rx so he will try again today - I am now out of that particular pill so worrying about this.
Cathy i am sorry to hear about Chase and would love an update. I have been fussing about Bailey since January so I have an idea of the worry and concern you folks are having. Hope your trip to the Vet was productive?
Take care to you both, and think happy thoughts as we watch that damn snow all around us  haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment