Friday, April 10, 2020

Yesterdays snow, and last night's blizzard

Crazy weather but the snow from yesterday morning did melt during the day, but last night a blizzard and more snow came back in a flurry. Taking Bailey out in the middle of the night was just too much for us both - He ran for the door and me right behind him haha!  I had put my baked lemon pie on the front stairs to stay cool in a big tupperware box but the temperatures fell lower than expected so I have quickly shoved it into the fridge hoping there is no damage done. I say shoved because the fridge is absolutely full with food to be prepared and taken to Mikes for our meal.Today i make the scalloped potatoes but it will have to go into the car for overnight and since it will be cooked should be OK and cool enough to store there until we go Sat morning. This has always been an issue for me with so many trips with meals we have made - I have to ensure there is space to store in the fridge etc and then pack it all up to transport with regard to all its need to be secure and undamaged etc.
I am using a new keyboard we ordered on line and received yesterday and it is something else. They call it a gameboard keyboard which means nothing to me except it is lighted and goes from left to right in rainbow colours from lime green to white to pink to blue to purple and then reddish pink. All the colours are brilliant or flourescent in nature and I am struggling to find the letters to type. I may go crazy!
Good Friday it is today and supposedly everything is closed. I treated myself to a bottle of wine which I have not had for ages - I have been enjoying my specialty teas instead. But for a treat i decided to buy some wine which took me to the LCBO which is like a fortress to enter and buy anything. The line was five deep onto the parking lot when I walked up and so I took my turn (only two patrons in at one time) and finally entered to the direction of the door attendant garbed in PPE and i was directed to the hand sanitizer post where i was observed cleansing my hands appropriately and then I shopped and at the checkout again helped by a cashier all garbed ( they are wearing face shields now as well) I have to use a debit card only and have to manage the machine on my own. All in all it was an experience but i did come home with a bottle of wine and quickly got out my pottery goblet and poured a slug!
So here we are at the Easter weekend. Please enjoy yourselves and have a very safe and peaceful celebration. Take care and Happy Easter to you all. XX

No comments:

Post a Comment