Monday, April 20, 2020

What!!! No Club beer!?

Sounds like the end of life as we know it.  Oh wait!  What we're experiencing now could well be the end of life as we know it! Funny how a family passes its preferences down through the generations.  I like Club beer and would probably buy it, if I ever bought beer to bring home.  Didn't Daddy prefer Club? Or was it because the brewery was so close to home?

My concern today was wine kits.  After the kurfuffle on Friday, the agreement was that they would take back the kits I had ordered and paid for, and I would take the two kits I had received. ( I didn't receive the third kit that had been paid for)  They could not refund my money back to my credit card, and they would have to issue a cheque, which wouldn't be available to me until this morning.  However, David told me last evening that he had opened one of the kits to read the instructions. Knowing that this would probably mean that we had to keep and pay for that kit, I wasn't looking forward to my trip today.  Spent half the night worrying about it.

I took enough cash to pay for the opened kit, but David wanted to drive me.  We have been dealing with this store for years.  When we first started there, we dealt with an older woman, but she retired and her son took over.  He has now pretty well retired and the fellow I dealt with Friday is his son.  But today the father was the  one there and he was not in the least pleasant or welcoming.  He obviously didn't want to deal with the open kit and just took it back, but then challenged us on the third kit, that we had never received. When I said that we had never received it, he just stalked away, flicking his wrist in dismissal.  Well, good riddance.

Getting home, there was the sketchbook kit that I've been waiting for for almost 6 weeks, in the mail box.  At last!  And a very petty kit it is.  Now I have no excuse to carry on procrastinating about the course.  Of course, I couldn't leave well enough alone.  I got on the internet and searched for a cheaper source for one of the pieces, than what it would cost to order more from them.  I found one, in Australia, and ordered it.  I actually ordered two of them and the total as $12Au,plus $20Au shipping.  Sounded pretty good.  I paid with PayPal, and when I got the PayPal statement, it said $122.00Au for shipping.  No bloody way!  I immediately went back to the website, e-mailed the woman asking that the order be cancelled, and advised her that I was also going to PayPal to initiate a dispute.  Later I got an e-mail from the woman saying that she could find no record of the purchase and was quite bewildered at what might have happened.  So I suggested that we just pretend that it never happened and if there was any further issue that I would dispute it via PayPal.

But now it is almost supper time, and we are gifted with a heavy snow storm, ( heavy snow fall for over 45 minutes, at this point)with accompanying winds.  It's April 20th.  Maybe life as we know it really has ended.

No comments:

Post a Comment