Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Turning out the way you wanted/planned

Perhaps it is the planning part that sets things astray? But I did like where your day headed Pati - sit and drink sound OK with me haha!  I wonder how you made out Cathy - any exciting stories such as Pati just wrote? 
Here is my twist of my special day planned but not quite materialized. That Manitoba Spring weather you mentioned rushed in here as well with a vengeance. They predicted some rough weather and sure enough it came. Temperatures dropped and the wind came roaring in and the snow/sleet pelted down and then....as it always does....the hydro went off. And with two greenhouses to heat, I can imagine you know what action was required next. Just picture my activity: flashlights made handy, propane heaters out, heater attachments out, get the matches and other devices out, organize the lighting of the heaters, set up the heaters in the greenhouses, monitor the greenhouses, worry, and monitor and worry some more. Perfect end to a perfect day....NOT!
So today as soon as it gets lighter out, I shall have to go out and see what the damage has been? Oh, I was up again in the night and out to the greeenhouses once the hydro came back on, to turn the propane off, and turn the electric heaters on, So it did not last the entire night, But there was a funny part to it all. Remember I spoke of sweeping up sand/gravel into boxes before the "sweepers" appeared to clean the streets. During this hydro outage all I could see was flashing lights going up and down outside on the road. You guessed it...the sweepers were out there in the dark doing their thing. They are hired to come in and do it so I guess this was their time to come to Sundridge, and they had to get the job done? Crazy!
So I hear on the news that the Ontario Premier shall be announcing another 28 days of isolation precautions to be implemented.. really does not matter to me - I shall try to stay home and continue doing what I am doing.
Take care folks and always thinking about you.. love to see the messages and pictures. That quilt Pati is gorgeous - if you remember I was also part of that Block of the Month fund raiser - I got as far as sewing the blocks with all the little paths but no farther. I still have my box of supplies and patterns so maybe one day I might haul it out and have a look. Thanks for the reminder.

No comments:

Post a Comment