Sunday, April 5, 2020

Getting by any way we can

Laughing about your sausages, Beth. Yesterday, two desperate people decided to make cookies. We only had makings for the Raisin cookies we used to eat at home, the recipe for which makes over 4 dozen, too many.  So we tried the Oatmeal Raisin cookies the recipe which is on the old Parkay margarine box.  I'm not sure that Parkay still makes hard margarine.  A few years back they said they weren't going to, and we stocked up the freezer with 4-5 boxes, because I don't believe that one can make Chocolate Chip cookies without it.  The boxes were still in the freezer since Dr. Phil and his diet came into my life on March 1, 2016.  Bonus! A chance to use some.  The cookies were made using my very old, barely working mixer, equal portions of frustration and compromise, and an agreement to use baking parchment so we didn't have to wash the pans.  They turned out to be very good--too good--but then we knew that would happen.

So we have two sisters in different areas of the country forcing themselves to eat something, just because it was there. And tonight I get to eat Cathy's Lean B-B-Q Pork, because it will be there.  Actually we're doing two tenderloins so as to make sure there are left overs.  We really like the stuff-hot or cold.

My plans for the rest of the day include trying to make some progress on the expensive on-line sketchbook course David gave me, for my birthday.  The issue is not having a decent sketchbook to use.  When doing a bit of sorting in my studio storeroom, I found a roll of drawing paper that I bought years ago when Gillian was young and loving to draw.  It was not expensive and close to 12" wide.  I cut five 18" lengths and folded the pieces into 9" by 12" then stitched them down the  fold to make a booklet of 20-9" by 12" pages.  I started on that yesterday, but when my felt markers went through the paper, realized that I would only be able to use one side.  Okay.  So, I have a little booklet, and will attempt the exercises.  When the good book arrives, I can repeat them or add extra pages, whatever works at the time.  When I order books through Amazon, that come from Britain, I expect them to arrive in 3-4 weeks.  We are almost at 3 weeks now, so I'll be patient for awhile longer, but I would sure like to get the kit they are sending me.  After all, I did pay for it.

On an encouraging note, I felt a little better yesterday, and didn't feel the need for a nap.  I slept very well last night ( David tells me I was snoring like a good thing), and felt optimistic about today.  I've mentioned before that my progress has been a bit erratic, but maybe  I'm seeing a light at the end of the tunnel.

Regardless, Loren is going grocery shopping for us either tomorrow or Tuesday.  I'm putting together a shopping list and it's turning out to have a lot of drugs and supplements, which means $$$.  Not sure how we can sort out the $$$.  I'm tempted to just give him my Debit card and PIN.  He does have our POA, so that's not too much of a stretch. Ah well, what will be will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment