Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Club beer again

The other story about the Club beer was the one told at my wedding.  I don't remember the details, but I do remember that the neighbours on the street used to laugh at Uncle Mernie out walking me so often in the carriage.  Only a few of them knew that he would walk up to the beer store, and bring a case home in the bottom of the carriage.  Probably a good idea as no-one owned a car in those days, and it would have been a long walk with a heavy load, without the carriage.

Today we tried to make bread using the dough hook on the big mixer.  A bit of a disaster.  The recipe turned out to be too large for the bowl. In fact it was larger than any other time we made the recipe.  I have a vague memory of it being very large, when I made it years ago, and that was behind the notation to make three loaves instead of the two listed in the recipe.  Two worked well when David made it last week, but not today.  We may have enough yeast for one more recipe of bread.  Sure hope we can find some.

No comments:

Post a Comment