Friday, April 17, 2020

Life has caught up to me.

Today ended up being the most stressful of our social isolation to date. I dared go out to try to pick up a couple of things, that could be accessed easily from the car, and wearing my mask. Well, what could go wrong did go wrong, and the whole day ended up with me in a lively argument  over the phone, with a young man, with whom I had had a serious mis-understanding.  Neither of us at fault, as it was all because of us having two different interpretations of a technical term. But the cumulative effect of all of my day's adventures left me sitting alone in the basement for over an hour trying to figure out how to re-gain my equilibrium, and carry on.

I've yet to figure out a new plan for survival during this social isolation, but, in the long run, I have no alternative than to figure it out.  There's no escape clause in society right now.  On the good side, we have enough food to last for months.  We have enough money to buy more food if we need to.  We have shelter, and warming weather.  We're temporarily short of wine--a major problem--but can probably figure out how to live with less.  Buying it is probably not an option.

For tonight, I plan to sit in the kitchen and play poker for most of the evening.  I may even explore potential options to that wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment