Thursday, April 23, 2020

I'm embarrassed to call myself a McGrath

I tried to make chocolate chip cookies today and screwed up the recipe--the first time.  The second attempt was marginally better.  They just didn't taste right.  The only thing I can think of was that I used a darker brown sugar than the golden brown sugar that I prefer.  I may have added just a tiny bit too much flour, and corrected this in the second batch that was a better texture.  And that pretty much tells the tale of my day today.  I did go for a walk, and made it to the first fire hydrant before having to turn back.  Not sure what the evening holds.  Poker Stars has been down off and on for quite awhile now.  It was off last night and here's hoping tonight will be better.  Haven't made it into the studio yet today, but that's always an option if Poker Stars lets me down.

Beth, you'll be glad to know that I'm trying to read a Clive Cussler book.  I'm not yet convinced that they may be something to look at in the future, but there is a second one in the house, in case the books ordered off Amazon don't arrive soon.

I ate too many cookies this afternoon and can't work up any enthusiasm for supper.  Lunch was a purchased salad that was badly mis-represented as being baby Kale.  That Kale was  a baby several generations ago.  Absolutely awful.

No comments:

Post a Comment